Great ingredients kept simple is always a recipe for success. In this case, halibut from icy Alaskan waters presents the perfect foundation for this culinary philosophy. Use olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and fresh basil, and you’ll have a very quick and simple preparation that’s a winner every time.
Yield: 2 servings
- 2 (6 to 7-ounce) halibut fillets
- Seafood seasoning or salt and pepper, to dust
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
Oil and season the halibut, and grill over a hot fire until just cooked. Transfer to serving plates, then scatter with the basil and drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve with grilled vegetables and your favorite potato or rice recipe.