- ½ cup yellow or white miso (soybean paste)
- 2 tablespoons mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 6 (6-ounce) black cod or sablefish fillets, skinned
- Coconut Broth
- Garnish: fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon yellow or white miso (soybean paste)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Combine miso and next 3 ingredients in a large glass baking dish. Add fish, spooning glaze over all sides. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
Place fillets on a foil-lined baking sheet, and broil, about 6 to 8 inches from heat, 8 to 10 minutes or until fillets are golden brown and center of fish is opaque.
Spoon warm Coconut Broth into shallow bowls, and place fillet in center. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.